200 / Terrarium Update
This Blog Post was originally published on the platform "writelier" (formerly "co-writers" and "200wordsaday"). Sadly the blogging platform was discontinued. I downloaded all my blog posts and prepared them to be republish them here.
I just came home from my parent's house. Since today was a bank holiday in Austria, I asked my father if he would have time to work on the terrarium.
We started at about nine o'clock in the morning and stopped as my mother was calling us to lunch at about 1:30 pm.
We made some pretty good progress on the terrarium. The walls a built, and the cube is assembled. I also started working on the back and one the left side out of styrofoam. If I've got time tomorrow, I will be covering the styrofoam in tile adhesive.
It's been a long time since I had to work with my hands and with wood, but my father taught me some new stuff again. I can now handle an upper milling machine.
Obviously I also managed to get a splinter of wood into my hand, luckily I could quickly remove it without any major wounds.
It is interesting how skin can change if I ask my father when he had his last splinter, he always tells me it's been years ago. His hand's skin is really tough.
So, I know I could have written something deep and heartwarming, but after writing for 200 consecutive days and a really long day, I thought I'm updating you on the terrarium progress. :)